Cashback sites are a great platform for getting money back on online shopping, without any effort and completely free. All you need to do is to go to your favorite online store via the cashback site, and shop as usual. Once the transaction is approved, you will get some of the money you spent back to your account.
Why would anybody pay me back for my shopping, you ask? Well, the idea behind cashback is quite simple. Cashback site links to thousands of online stores. Every time you make a purchase via it’s link, the cashback site gets commission. So, in order to encourage you to shop with them, cashback sites are sharing their commission with you.
Additionally, cashback sites will reward you for bringing in more customers, and give you an extra bonus for inviting your friends. After signing up, you’ll get an unique link that you can use to invite your frineds via e-mail, Facebook, your blog, etc.
Sounds great – where do I sign up? In our next post, we’ll review some of the biggest cashback sites. Meanwhile, here are some important things you should know before signing up:
1. Always use the casback site before shopping.
2. Make sure your shopping cart is empty before entering the store via cashback site.
3. Check out the minimum amount for first payment. before you can claim your money, you have to reach a minimum amount of money, which varies from site to site.
4. Use only your unique link you’ve received from the site to invite friends. Also keep in mind that you’ll be qualified for bonus only if your friends actually bought something after they signed up.
5. Learn the difference between pending cashcack and available cashback. Basically, after making a transaction your cashback will be in a pending status for a while, and will become available only after the deal is approved by the store.
6. Check out payment times. In some cashback sites, payment is available only once a month, every 3 months, etc.
7. Discounts and coupons. Usually, cashback is paid only on full priced items. So, be sure to check out the terms in every store before you start shopping.
8. Missing cashback. Sometimes, due to technical issues, the site might “miss” your transaction. If you don’t recieve a mail within a few days from the transaction, you can contact the site and claim your cashback. Keep in mind, that you’ll have to provide all details regarding the deal in question, so make sure you have all the information you need.
Anything you’d like to add? Don’t be shy, share your knowledge in the comments!